1944 to the end of the war
The changes to the establishment of the Mechanised and Guards Mechanised Corps continued steadily to the end of the war, gradually changing towed artillery for self propelled and adding further rear support units to increase their independence.
The main change was a drive to standardise the arrangement of the tank units within the Corps to an arrangement where each Mechanised Brigade had an attached Tank Regiment and there was a single independent Tank Brigade. (The original six Mechanised Corps had been raised in pairs either with two Tank Brigades or three Tank Regiments and one Brigade or five Tank Regiments.) As part of the drive, there was as far as possible, a move to standardise on a single Tank Regiment establishment 010/465 however the continuing use of both types of T34 with their differing crew numbers made this difficult. Other units such as the 1st, 3rd and 9th Guards Mechanised Corps continued to use Lend Lease tanks such as 75mm and 76mm armed M4A2 Shermans and Mk-9 Valentines in reconnaissance units.
Further information and unit histories can be found at the Tank Front website.
The gallery below gives establishment diagrams for many of the main sub-units of these late war Mechanised Corps.